Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So It Happened

Haha, the blizzard here just ended. I dunno how many inches, but the car by my house is pretty much entirely buried in snow. I would be eating ice cream at home like my AP Human Geography teacher, but there's no ice cream at home (just some cookie dough flavored ice cream from three years ago) and it's too cold to be eating ice cream. Everybody's so frazzled by the snow day; it's weird. In Japan, we regularly get around 2 feet of snow or more. It's a regular occurrence. :D

And I also realize that I haven't posted in a very long time. That's okay though, because I'm too wrapped in my life to do this anymore. So I'll just be posting occasionally if I have stuff to say. And which, I do, because I just started playing Club Penguin again! It cracks me up thinking about this because how can you expect someone this old like me to be playing a game made for little kids? I haven't been on that game in about 3 years, so my old account (plus my joint account with my friend) got deleted. -sigh- I had so much stuff on my old account. But going on again, it seems to me that a lot of things have changed. There are new games, and the old secret agency got destroyed and got replaced with a new one. Also, a lot of privileges are no longer available for all players. It's a little unfair. Club Penguin should learn when to draw the line. Now it seems that regular players barely are able to enjoy anything on the game, whereas the members get to do everything. Like they say, money can buy almost anything. 

It annoys me because you can tell that almost all the players on CP are members now. And there are achievements now, and many of them regularly players can't get because they are member's only. In January, CP also opened a new "Wilderness Expedition" and nonmembers couldn't do anything much to participate in it! Games and costumes, as well as igloo decorating have all been limited. Nonmembers can't buy any clothes whatsoever (only backgrounds and colors) and they can't decorate their igloos anymore. Parts of games are now limited to members only. I still remember back in the day when I got full access to everything, and the divide of privileges in the game wasn't large. Sure, parents are paying for a bunch of pixels and in return, their children feel exclusivity, but I think that overall, CP can do a better job balancing privileges between nonmembers and members.

But my rant about the new Club Penguin aside, it's Chinese New Year's Eve! I looked up a calendar from when I was born, and now I know I was born on a Wednesday! And now I know my lunar birthday too. But it is that time of the year, so my family will be eating dumplings, giving out red envelopes, calling relatives, and watching the Chinese New Year's show online (since we don't have a Chinese channel).

Happy Snow Day!

No comments: