Friday, March 26, 2010

ORGY, Pt2

Main Entry: or·gy

Pronunciation: \ˈȯr-jē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural orgies
Etymology: Middle French orgie, from Latin orgia, plural, from Greek; akin to Greek ergon work — more at work
Date: circa 1561

1 : secret ceremonial rites held in honor of an ancient Greek or Roman deity and usually characterized by ecstatic singing and dancing

2 a : drunken revelry b : a sexual encounter involving many people; also : an excessive sexual indulgence

And #3 would be the correct definition for how I am using it in context. :P But #2b is just... LOL. Sorry, inside joke. XD
Moving on...

0 VAMPIRE KNIGHT:
If I had done Pt1 today, then this would've been first. But since it just got updated today, this will have to go in Pt2. :) Anyways, OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. [spoiler] WHO'S THE NEW PUREBLOOD? AND WHY IS HE SO CONCEITED AND KIDDISH? [/spoiler] Next issue should be around April 24th, according to the scanlator!!! Going into the details, I LURVE the love triangle because both guys are so... Well, almost everyone is friggen emo in here, and all vampire-y (like Doty :D ). Except Zero is just dark and introverted--he inflicts pain upon himself because he cares about others. And Kaname is sophisticated and super mysterious. He has an evil past, which scares me a bit. Lots of development so far, so I will prolly camp out at SGK until they release it. Osh. :DDDDD

6 Shugo Chara Encore!:
ALALALALALALA. (I think this might sound like Tarzan, but it's just my fangirl-scream version.) Next chap will be April... *checks calendar*... April 16th!  The world is a cruel, cruel place for manga fangirls--what are they gonna do during Panic Week? ('Tis my new name for that time of month where NOTHING's coming out, since it's approx. a week, though it seems longer.) SCE on the 16th, then VK on the 24th. There will most likely be OHSHC in b/w, of course, and other serials. Anyways, I love how Peach-Pit's actually making an encore b/c w/o it, we would die! We won't let go of Amuto! NEVER! Kutau's really cool, never really thought it'd actually work out. Sooooo, seeing how the prequel to it was just action, I am expecting a lot more from Encore. Seriously, or else I would've resorted to writing fanfics, and by now we've already learned that me + fanfics= not a very good idea.

7 Hana no Kishi:
So this one's an interesting one. Only one chap out so far, about a month ago. I'm thinking chap2 might come out soon, but who knows? It's being serialized in Hana to Yume/Hakusensha so that's not a problem... The first couple chaps of a new serial is always critical b/c you never know if the mangaka is going to start a new series/continue an old one (like Akagami no Shirayukihime-- come on, mangaka! How could you?!) or if the scanlating group is going to give up on it. It's a little weird right now, but I can almost see where this is going... :3

8 Nabari no Ou:
Despite the whole schnazz about it being similar to Naruto and whatnot, I like it because it's a lot more relatable and has more slice-of-life. Now, I'm not a fan of slice-of-life, but NnO isn't one--it just is more rooted to earth than Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Fairytale, blahblahblah. I tried Prince of Tennis, but I hated the art and the seinen/josei-ness. Anyways, let's not start talking about shounen. Even though there are 65 chaps out already, I'm only on chap22, which is pathetic; I know. If it's not obvious, I'm not a big fan of shounen, so I guess NnO doesn't pull me in as much. There isn't much action going on other than Raimei and Raiko's battle, but her brother just took her sword away. Bummer. Not to mention, I can't even remember all the terms anymore, with shinrabanshou, ninjutsu, lalala.

9 Kaichou wa Maid-sama!:
Ohkay... I don't really know what to say for this one. I'm divided, since part of me is confused as to where it's going. Usui seems a bit sketchy to me, and Maria-sensei as well. She creeps me out... does she lean, erm, both ways??? (She seemed like she wasn't just, I dunno, lesbo.) And what's with the other Miyazono, the one that's a rich jerkface? I can't stand him! I hate scenes with him in it. And then part of me is just fangirlness, except maybe Misaki is a bit too tsundere??? Hopefully it'll update soon. I hate being left on a cliff with the Miyazono jerkface gracing the last box while the mangaka draws the next chap. *shudders*

No comments: